VR Health & Safety
HEALTH & SAFETY WARNINGS:
Please ensure that all users of STEALTH VR read the warnings below carefully before using your Head-Mounted Display (HMD) to reduce the risk of personal injury, discomfort or property damage.
BEFORE USING STEALTH VR:
- Read and follow the operating instructions provided with your HMD.
- The HMD should be adjusted for each individual user and setup before starting a virtual reality experience. Failure to follow this instruction may increase the risk of discomfort.
- We recommend consulting a doctor before using your HMD if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition.
Some people (about 1 in 4000) may have severe dizziness, seizures, epileptic seizures or blackouts triggered by light flashes or patterns, and this may occur while they are watching TV, playing video games or experiencing virtual reality, even if they have never had a seizure or blackout before or have no history of seizures or epilepsy. Such seizures are more common in children and young people under the age of 20. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before using STEALTH VR.
Children under the age of 11 should NOT use the STEALTH VR. Adults should monitor children (age 11 and older) who are using or have used STEALTH VR for any of the symptoms described below, and should limit the time children spend using the HMD and ensure they take breaks during use. Prolonged use should be avoided, as this could negatively impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multi-tasking ability. Adults should monitor children closely during and after use of STEALTH VR for any decrease in these abilities.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & PRECAUTIONS:
You should always follow these instructions and observe these precautions while using STEALTH VR to reduce the risk of injury or discomfort:
- Use Only In a Safe Environment: STEALTH VR produces an immersive virtual reality experience that distracts you from and completely blocks your view of your actual surroundings. For the safest experience always remain seated when using STEALTH VR. Take special care to ensure that you are not near other people, objects, stairs, balconies, windows, furniture, or other items that you can bump into or knock down when using, or immediately after using, STEALTH VR. Do not handle sharp or otherwise dangerous objects while using STEALTH VR. Never wear your HMD in situations that require attention, such as walking, bicycling, or driving.
- Make sure the HMD is level and secured comfortably on your head, and that you see a single, clear image.
- Ease into the use of STEALTH VR to allow your body to adjust; use for only a few minutes at a time at first, and only increase the amount of time using STEALTH VR gradually as you grow accustomed to virtual reality. Looking around when first entering virtual reality can help you adjust to any small differences between your real-world movements and the resulting virtual reality experience.
- A comfortable virtual reality experience requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance. Do not use STEALTH VR when you are tired, need sleep, are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, are hung-over, have digestive problems, are under emotional stress or anxiety, or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
- Do not use STEALTH VR while in a moving vehicle such as a car, bus, or train, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
- Take at least a 10 to 15 minute break every 30 minutes, even if you don’t think you need it. Each person is different, so take more frequent and longer breaks if you feel discomfort. You should decide what works best.
- Your HMD may be equipped with a Removable Front Panel for AR experiences, which permits you to temporarily see your surroundings for brief real world interaction. You should always remove the HMD for any situation that requires attention or coordination.
- Stop using STEALTH VR if your mobile device becomes hot. Prolonged contact with an overheated device can cause burns.
- Do not wear your HMD without a phone attached.
- Headphones: Listening to sound at high volumes can cause irreparable damage to your hearing. Background noise, as well as continued exposure to high volume levels, can make sounds seem quieter than they actually are. Due to the immersive nature of the virtual reality experience, do not use the HMD with the sound at a high volume so that you can maintain awareness of your surroundings and reduce the risk of hearing damage.
- Do not use the HMD for any other purpose other than its intended function.
- Do not use the HMD to look at the sun or any other bright light, as this can cause permanent eye damage.
- Immediately discontinue use if anyone using STEALTH VR experiences any of the following symptoms: seizures; loss of awareness; eye strain; eye or muscle twitching; involuntary movements; altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities; dizziness; disorientation; impaired balance; impaired hand-eye coordination; excessive sweating; increased salivation; nausea; lightheadedness; discomfort or pain in the head or eyes; drowsiness; fatigue; or any symptoms similar to motion sickness.
- Just as with the symptoms people can experience after they disembark a cruise ship, symptoms of virtual reality exposure can persist and become more apparent hours after use. These post-use symptoms can include the symptoms above, as well as excessive drowsiness and decreased ability to multi-task. These symptoms may put you at an increased risk of injury when engaging in normal activities in the real world.
- Do not drive, operate machinery, or engage in other visually or physically demanding activities that have potentially serious consequences (i.e., activities in which experiencing any symptoms could lead to death, personal injury, or damage to property), or other activities that require unimpaired balance and hand-eye coordination (such as playing sports or riding a bicycle, etc.) until you have fully recovered from any symptoms.
- Do not use STEALTH VR until all symptoms have completely subsided for several hours. Make sure you have properly configured the HMD before resuming use.
- Be mindful of the type of content that you were using prior to the onset of any symptoms because you may be more prone to symptoms based upon the content being used.
- Consult a doctor if you have serious and/or persistent symptoms.
REPETITIVE STRESS INJURY:
Prolonged use of STEALTH VR and input devices (e.g. controllers) can make your muscles, joints or skin hurt. If any part of your body becomes tired or sore while playing, or if you feel symptoms such as tingling, numbness, burning or stiffness, stop and rest for several hours before playing again. If you continue to have any of the above symptoms or other discomfort during or after play, stop using the device and consult a doctor.
Do not store or expose the HMD to direct sunlight. Exposure to direct sunlight may cause damage to your headset.